Tessera Design has worked with lots of nonprofits on lots of fundraisers, but none has been quite as unique as the Men We Love book.
Every year the Alma Center – led by founder, Terri Strodthoff – compiles a beautiful hard cover book (we are designing it for 2012) and fills it with memorable dedications.
The dedications are both a photographic and written tribute to a man that the dedicator loves, admires and respects.
Men that are honored include fathers, brothers, sons, friends, clergymen and bosses – among many more – and represent all walks of life and professions.
Wendy Burke Slocum is instrumental in coordinating the book and the end result is something of a masterpiece of well-loved Milwaukee-area men.
When you purchase a dedication, which benefits the Alma Center’s domestic violence prevention programs, you get SO MANY COOL THINGS, which include:
• A portrait sitting with our friends, Reminisce Studio by Miranda & Adam – nationally recognized, award-winning photographers
• A two-page spread in the 2012 book featuring a short essay written by the dedicator(s) to describe the inspiration the man has provided
• One hard-cover copy of the book
• One high-quality 8×10 portrait
• A ticket for the Men We Love book release party on the field at Miller Park
In 2011, the Brewers Community Foundation sponsored the event and hosted the book release party ON THE FIELD at Miller Park.
Some of the dedications are surprises and some aren’t, but either way, it’s quite a sight to see your man on the Jumbotron!
To learn more or to order a dedication, please go to: www.themenwelove.org.
If you have questions, or to order by phone, please contact Laura Watt at the Alma Center at 414-265-0100 ext 110.
“Like” Men We Love’s Facebook page to keep up to date on all the progress of the book until it is unveiled at Miller Park on Friday, June 15, 2012 – just in time for Father’s Day!